Do you like holding power in your hands while cutting grass? The Husqvarna 525L delivers on power and performance and will grab the attention of any professional or homeowner as it grabbed my undivided attention. The comparisons, features, and specs are something to pay attention to when deciding if the Husqvarna 525L is something you are looking for in the string trimmers.
Table of Contents
The Husqvarna 525 has three L- series to compare. All three have the same cylinder displacement at 25.4cm. Listed below are the main noticeable differences.
|Engine||X-Torq® engine||X-Torq® engine||X-Torq® engine|
|Power Output||1.21 hp||1.34 hp||1.34 hp|
|Fuel tank volume||17.25 fl oz||17.25 fl oz||17.25 fl oz|
|Weight||9.7 lbs||10.14 lbs||10.36 lbs|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
- The lightest string trimmer at 9.7 pounds
- Horsepower: 1.21hp
- The lowest price of the three weed eaters $319.99
- Weight: 10.14 pounds
- Horsepower: 1.34hp
- Price: $339.99
- Weight: 10.36 pounds
- Horsepower: 1.34hp
- Price: $359.99
I find this string trimmer has the most updated technology in the performance and the look. Listed are the features which make the user experience easy and quick.
- Intuitive control switches
- Easy starting and stopping with the auto-return stop switch
- Air purge or primer to make starting easier when cold with the choke switch. Both are easy to understand and easily accessible. The air purge removes the air from the fuel system and carburetor.
- Smart start makes it easy to pull the rope, usually with one crank and minimum effort.
- Tap and go head for an easy and quick release for the string with a heavy-duty twin line cutting system
- Efficient air filter
Deck size: 18.1 inches
Dimensions: 70.43 x 9.53 x 8.74 inches
Shaft length: 58.386 inches
Shaft diameter: 0.94 inches
Drive gear angle: 30°
OEM trimmer head: T35 M10
This string trimmer has an X-Torq engine which is a favorite of the Husqvarna brands. The power to weight is the most outstanding in its class. Listed below is everything you need to know about the engine and the power held in your hands.
- Horsepower: 1.21 hp
- Cylinder displacement: 25.4 cm³
- Idle speed: 3,000 rpm
- Maximum power speed: 8,500 rpm
- Torque, Max at RPM: 6,000 rpm
- Max rpm output shaft: 6,500 rpm
- Clutch engagement speed: 4,000 rpm
- Torque, max: 1.2 Nm
- Fuel tank volume: 17.25 fl oz
- Fuel consumption: 600 g/kWh
The name brand of Husqvarna is known for durable products that can last several years of beating in the commercial industry. Commercial products can last even longer in the residential sector if the proper maintenance is handled. The Husqvarna 525L is no different.
It has a low weight and durable 7-spline solid shaft and is classified as a pro-grade petrol string trimmer. From the engine to the head, it is entirely durable for the most challenging jobs.
The only thing of concern is the recoil spring, which is the weakest point. This appears to be the only complaint in the Husqvarna equipment with recoils from blowers to weed eaters.
What makes this string trimmer unique is the ratio of power to weight. This weed eater only weighs 9.7 pounds, excluding the cutting equipment and the fuel. Compared to other professional-grade weed eaters, it stands out because very few have the weight set in under ten pounds. Many with a horsepower level of 1.21 can go up to 12 pounds. The Husqvarna 525L makes it feel like the user is flying through the yard and stops fatigue in its tracks.
Pros / Cons
Every piece of equipment, no matter the brand, has its good and bad sides to outweigh. Listed below are the pros and cons of the Husqvarna 525L review.
- Long-lasting and durable
- Powerful string trimmer
- Easy and fast starting
- Comfortable, easy to operate, and control
- Has an option for the scissor gear attachment for cutting brushes and thick grassy areas.
- Low vibration with the rubber isolation in the handle
- It is better for the environment with 60 percent fewer emissions and saves up to 20 percent on fuel cost with its high-efficiency X-Torq motor.
- Special programs are put into place, such as discounts for commercial fleets who use Husqvarna products. By choice, there is also a Husqvarna sweepstakes customers can enter to win battery products.
- Excellent warranty for the commercial users
- Three different lineups to choose from
- As mentioned earlier, the only bad thing is some products have left the manufacturer with bad recoils. This is usually the first thing to malfunction on the equipment.
- There is nothing further we have found to say wrong about this string trimmer.
This professional-grade string trimmer comes with a two-year warranty. When comparing to the competition, most commercial warranties for string trimmers are one-year warranties. Husqvarna is generous with its product and offers two-year limited warranties on their string trimmer lineups due to the high-quality design and build. They back up their product, and after testing it, we can take them at their word.
|Performance:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Weight:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Durability:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Comfort:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Overall:||(4.2 / 5)|
The Husqvarna 525L sells at a fair price that is competitive with other similar brands.
Wrapping It Up
After our test run of the Husqvarna 525L review, we can say they are durable with the best features, specs, and highest quality parts. The only thing to watch out for is the recoil system, which is really nothing to stop the user from purchasing because technically, it is the weakest part of all pull-start motors.
We hope this Husqvarna 525l review gives you, the user and buyer, the best information to compare with what's out there. From the price and power to the weight and durability, it is worth every penny.
What Do You Think?
Are you impressed with the Husqvarna 525l? Let us know in the comments.
If you’re interested in staying up-to-date on reviews of the latest mowers sign up for our newsletter below!
Images are from Husqvarna.